Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I cannot get it set up. It fails to find the printer even…

Customer Question
I cannot get it...

I cannot get it set up. It fails to find the printer even after I've tried multiple times and rebooted the router.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

PIXMA TS8100

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Pixma?

I just got it and this is the second day I've been trying to set it up.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Many months...Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thanks.

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Printers
3/29/2018
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 29 days ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to Just Answer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily. Before we proceed with any troubleshooting, please once unplug your printer from the wall outlet wait for 2 minutes and plug it back in. Let me know when this is done.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Done.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 29 days ago

How are you trying to set it up is it using the CD?

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 29 days ago

And I would like to know how is the printer connected to your computer?

Is it through USB or through Wi-Fi?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I do not have a connection, which is the whole trouble. I am following the directions and trying to connect to the router.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 29 days ago

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/ts-series-inkjet/pixma-ts8120-black-wireless-all-in-one-inkjet-printer?tab=drivers_downloads

Kindly go to the above link and download and install the TS8100 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows) on your computer.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I don't want to install all the software, although I did the download. I would like to install only the XPS driver.
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Oh never mind I will install all for 5-10 minutes.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 29 days ago

Alright.

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 29 days ago

If you just wanted the XPS driver , you could've clearly mentioned that before.

Because the same link has the option to download the XPS driver alone.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
The software is installed
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 29 days ago

Great, is the setup completed successfully?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
what's next? The printer isn't set up, just the download and installation of files and drivers.
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
It's been six minutes since I sent the last response. Can you please let me know what's going on? That is longer than I have waited before.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 29 days ago

Can I troubleshoot this issue through remote?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
You mean for $39.00? No.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 29 days ago

Okay then let me open this for other experts.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
ok
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Within 24 hours? You are misleading people from the start, with "5 minute answer" promises. I will make sure to give this service my lowest ratings on as many sites as I can find that review the service.
Technician: Mike Taylor, Technician replied 29 days ago
Mike Taylor
Mike Taylor, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue

Ok if your computer is NOT seeing your printer on the network it is because the printer is not ON your network

Need to get your printer ON the network using the control panel of the printer before your computer will see it

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Ok, what do I do?

One moment, I will attempt to guide you through the wifi setup process....

Ok follow these steps

Make sure home screen is displayed

Select network status which is the button all the way to the left that looks like a signal tower

Check message and select yes

select lan settings

select wireless lan

select wireless lan setup

and follow the prompts to connect to your home network

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I already followed the steps which is why I'm contacting you

Ok lets try another method.. Did you rely on windows 10 to put the drivers in or did you actually install using the printers software installation disk?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Install

Disk or windows install?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Window

OK this is probably the issue.... I need you to download the software and install it then run the setup for the printer

One moment I will give you the link to do so

Click HERE to download the software instantly

John, Computer Science Engineer