Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Anew printer. followed setup instructions. warning light…

Customer Question
Anew printer. followed setup...

Anew printer. followed setup instructions. warning light flashes when power on, will not turn off.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Canon, pixma mg3022

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Pixma?

`since purchase, 2-3 days

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Windows 10, very recent

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Reported earlier, told to unplug ac for an hour and plug into a wall plug

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
3/29/2018
Technician: technicalcat, Consultant replied 5 months ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. This is an independent, fee-based technical support site.

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you now.

1) Please remove all cartridges from printer with printer powered ON.

2) Wipe off contacts on cartridges with clean lint free cloth or paper towel.

3) Unplug printer from POWER (you wall power outlet), so printer goes dark

4) While the power is UNPLUGGED, press and hold the power button on printer for at least 30 seconds. Then, release power button.

5) Plug printer back in , and power on

6) Reinstall ink cartridges.

Please let me know results of these steps. Thanks.

NOTE: To reply to me, please type your message in the box below and click the button to send.