Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a epson workforce 7110 and it wont make my black type…

Customer Question
I have a epson...

I have a epson workforce 7110 and it wont make my black type solid but rather prints it as a outline but, this same image prints solid on my other smaller printer. What can I do to get it to print correctly

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your WorkForce: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Do not remember last time but got tthe machine in dec

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Do not know anything else to tell yet

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/29/2018
Technician: Sheri, Expert replied 3 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. Can you try printing another document on your Epson Workforce and let me know if it prints normally or whether it prints black as an outline, too? Then we can go to the next step.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. If you can locate these menus, do the following:

1. Open Settings. On the Home screen, tap Settings.
  2. Tap General. On the next screen, tap General.
  3. Select Language & Region. If you're using iOS 8 or later, scroll down and tap Language & Region.
  4. Tap Device language. On the next screen, tap "[Device] Language".
  5. Select your language. ...
  6. Confirm your selection.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

I printed another file worked fine all the black text is black

If it is just the one document, it may just be a slight incompatibility. The next step would be to update the driver. If it is working for all other documents and is only an isolated incident, you may not want to do this. Let me know and I will send you instructions.

it may not be so isolated. I had another file another day that would not print the black also
it was the same way just outlines shown
these documents are being made in photoshop then turned to jpegs. they print fine on a smaller printer but not on this one the picture is perfect just not the text

Ok, there are a few ways to update printer drivers. Let's try this first.

Is it running Windows 10? If so, try the following:
In the search on the bottom, type device manager and select device manager from the list that opens. Click the arrow next to Printers.
Right click on your printer and choose update driver. Then choose search automatically for updated driver software. Then, if presented, allow to search Windows Update. If a new driver is found in this process, allow it to update. Then test.
Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step if needed.
Regards,
Sheri-Expert

its a Mac
OS 10.3

Ok, give me a moment to get you the driver. I will reply momentarily.

Ok, you can click on the link below to access the Epson drivers page:

https://epson.com/Support/Printers/Single-Function-Inkjet-Printers/WorkForce-Series/Epson-WorkForce-WF-7110/s/SPT_C11CC99201?review-filter=Mac+OS+X+10.5.x#drivers

There is no driver posted for OS 10.3. The earliest driver is 10.5. You can try downloading that one and testing. Make sure you choose this O/S from the list.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

sorry meant
10.13

Ok, I do see that driver in the list. Just follow my instructions and select 10.13 from the list. Download and run the full feature software and driver and follow the prompts. Then test.

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Please reply and let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert