Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I want to make a copy. I've done it before, but I can't

I want to make...

I want to make a copy. I've done it before, but I can't remember how.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Epson XP-400

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your XP-400?

Just today. I have made copies before.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Never updated. How?

Technician's Assistant: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't think so at the moment. I'm not good at any of this.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/29/2018
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you trying to:

1. Copy from the printer's glass?

2. Print from the computer?

3. Scan from the printer's glass to a file into the computer?
Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Copy from printer's glass.
Windows 10
May I please learn how to do it myself?

Please click on the website below full copy instructions / illustrations:

https://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/xp400_/xp400_ug/source/copying/tasks/xp400/copying_documents_photos_xp400.html

Thank you.

Can you please make sure to put the document faced down first, then copy?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Please put the document or photo faced down on the printer's glass, then see ify ou can copy.

- Is it printing from the computer fine?

- If it's still copying blank, please click on the website below for instructions on how to clean the printhead.

https://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/xp400_/xp400_ug/source/printers/source/ink_functions/tasks/xp400/cleaning_head_lcd_xp400.html

- You may need new ink if it prints blank from computer, and if it copies blank.

I cleaned the print heads. I tried printing something else. The printer sounds like it's printing but nothing prints. Can you help?
I am giving up for the night. I might try again tomorrow morning.

When you cleaned the print head and ran the nozzle check, did it print out the test / pattern or did it print blank?

https://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/xp400_/xp400_ug/source/printers/source/ink_functions/tasks/xp400/checking_nozzles_lcd_xp400.html

- Can you try with a new black in cartridge? Thank you.