Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Brother printer model MFC-J480DW that is stuck in jammed…

Customer Question
Brother printer model MFC-J480DW...

Brother printer model MFC-J480DW that is stuck in jammed paper mode - but there is no paper jam - what to do?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

Dell desk top

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MFC-J480DW?

Since yesterday - I have followed the printer instructions several times to no avail. I have unplugged the printer hoping to re-set the printer to no avail

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Don't recall ever doing it unless it was done automatically

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I have said it all - what do I do?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
3/29/2018
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 3 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

I unplugged the printer and waited 30 minutes - tried to copy something - same response - jammed paper - but there is no paper jammed

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.