Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Changed cartridges. Printer says needs to connect to HP

Customer Question
Changed cartridges. Printer says...

Changed cartridges. Printer says needs to connect to HP INSTANT INK

Technician's Assistant: What HP model do you have?

Office jet pro 6970

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your OfficeJet?

Today. Worked fine yesterday

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I'm not that tech savy

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Was working fine until today

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
Says needs to be enrolled in HP INSTANT INK
PLEASE.....I'M TRYING TO DO A REPORT
3/28/2018
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 3 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Can you tell me what cartridges you are using? Are they new/genuine hp inks? Or generic/refilled "compatible" inks? Where were they purchased?

Genuine hp products

There are a few possible causes of this issue, including a bad cartridge, internal debris/contamination, or a hardware failure (bad printhead, bad logic board, faulty sensor, etc).

What we can try are some cleaning and reset steps.

First remove all of the ink cartridges, then clean the metal electrical contacts on the back, as well as where they mate up inside the printer, using qtips and rubbing alcohol. Dry well, then reseat the cartridges.

Then reset the machine:
unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further if needed.

From HP
The black one worked fine. The blue and yellow are the problem

Please complete the steps above.

If no change, you'll need to contact HP and ask them to replace the cartridges

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.