Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Having an issue with a deskjet 5740 on MAC 10.13.3.

Customer Question
Having an issue with...

Having an issue with a deskjet 5740 on MAC 10.13.3. Characters do not fully form as in the bottom of an 8 or the 'tail' of a y. Doesn't matter which font I use

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your DeskJet: wirelessly or by USB?

USB cable

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Today BUT I'm not sure it's the latest

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
hello
3/29/2018
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 3 months ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your printer question.

That sounds like a blocked nozzle in the printhead, one (or two or more) occupying the position of the lower part of letters as printed.

Try running a Cleaning cycle on the printer, using the Setup/Settings menu on the printer itself, if there is such a function there... or, using the printer's software on your computer, the Maintenance section, the Cleaning or Head Cleaning function there.

Then wait 10 minutes or more with the printer On but unused. Then do a second Cleaning.

Then after several more minutes (it takes that long for the cleaning to complete), try printing again. It may clear up the problem, that way.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.