Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

First it would not scan and now it will not print out of the…

Customer Question
First it would not...

First it would not scan and now it will not print out of the correct tray help

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your printer when you try to scan?

Yes it says it is not connected to computer

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Just before lunch

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes after I tried to fix the scanner the printer will not access the correct paper cassette. No matter if I am printing an envelope or a regular 8.5 x 11 it will only access cassette one which is where my envelopes are stored. Again before I tried to fix the scan the printing worked fine. now nothing is working

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
3/28/2018
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 3 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to Just Answer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily. Before we proceed with any troubleshooting, please once unplug your printer from the wall outlet wait for 2 minutes and plug it back in. Let me know when this is done.

I am sorry the system dropped me so tell the group not to charge me since I resolved the issue myself