Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

How do I set up the scanner capability? I have a Cannon

How do I set...

How do I set up the scanner capability?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

I have a Cannon MF624CW

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MF624CW?

From the printer side It seems to be scanning to my email address, but I don't receive that email.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, that's it.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/28/2018
Ashik, Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What computer are you using? Apple Mac or Windows PC?

Windows PC
I do not want to switch to remote assistance

Secure remote is completely optional. What version of Windows are you using?

How do I find that?

This website will tell you --> http://whatsmyos.com/

I need to know it, so I can send you the correct scanning driver and software

Windows 10 64 bit

On your computer, open this website --> http://support-in.canon-asia.com/contents/IN/EN/0200450804.html

Download the "[Windows 32bit & 64bit] MF Scan Utility Ver.1.5.0.0"

Install it. Now you will see the MF Scan Utility or Scan Gear app on your computer. Open it and it will let you scan. If you don't see it, then look for Windows Scan. Open Windows Scan (you can search it in the search field at taskbar). OPen it and you can use it to Scan.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead of rating, please let me know by replying in here and I will stay with you and try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

I see MF700_MF600 Series Manual_enu, is this what I am looking for?

No, did you download and install the downloaded from the above site?

I'll try it again.

After downloading it, you need to install it by opening the downloaded file. Then you will see the official MF Scan Utility or Scan Gear app. That is the app you need to use to scan

It is installing now.

Ok, let me know the results please

Should I try to scan something?

Yes, you should initiate the scanning from the computer itself using the downloaded Scanning program

I see MFScanUtility_V1500_EN but I can't tell how to initiate the scanning

In the Windows search (at the bottom left), type Scan Utility and do you see the ScanUtility app? If so, click it and what does it show?

I get a message "A scanner drive is not installed"
Do I need to reboot my computer?

Not yet. Download and install this driver --> http://support-in.canon-asia.com/contents/IN/EN/0100684301.html

It is asking for the type of connection, "USB" or "network connection". Is this connection for the printer? My printer is wireless.
The question is referring to MF Drivers.

Choose Wireless

No option for wireless, should I choose network?

Yes, Network includes wireless

The test page printed

Try scanning

IT WORKED!!!!!
Thank you.

You're most welcome !

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me as Excellent Service or 5 stars and click Submit at the top. Then only I will get credit for helping you and excellent rating help me here.

Best Regards,

Ashik, Technician