Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Set up my HP office jet pro 8710 & it said it was connected…

Customer Question
Set up my HP...

Set up my HP office jet pro 8710 & it said it was connected however I can't print anything - the wifi light it lit - HELP!!

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your OfficeJet: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Today when I installed the new printer

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't know what to ask

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Printers
3/28/2018
Technician: Ashik, Technician replied 22 days ago
Ashik, Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Are you using an Apple Mac or Windows PC?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
windows

Press Windows and R keys and this will bring Run. Type control printers and press enter

Do you see the printer there?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
the printer did not come up

If you see the HP printer there, then right click on it and select Set as Default Printer. Then try to print. If that didn't work, then try the steps below;

1. Turn on the printer, if it is not already turned on.
  2. On the printer control panel, select the Wireless icon .
    The Wireless Summary screen appears.
  3. Select Settings, and then select Wireless Setup Wizard. (Tap Wireless Settings if you see that)
  4. Follow the instructions on the control panel to reconnect the printer to your wireless network.

Then, on your computer, open this site --> https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-pro-8710-all-in-one-printer-series/7902014

Download the "HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 All-in-One Printer series Full Feature Software and Drivers"

Open the downloaded file and install the drivers and then set up the printer. Then try to print.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead of rating, please let me know by replying in here and I will stay with you and try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Ashik, Technician