Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

My apt. was remodeled & when the contents were moved back

Customer Question

My apt. was remodeled & when the contents were moved back all my computer hardware was not hooked properly. I can't figure how to get the printer going again although I've had success with all my other hardware. Can you give me a schematic or diagram to restore the connection to my Lenova tower, Ubee Ethernet, Windows 10 , Spectrum carrier?
JA: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: HP Envy 7645
JA: How long has this been going on with your printer?
Customer: Just since I was moved back in to my apt. on Friday 3/23/18
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: March 7
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't know anything else to ask.
Category: Printers
Expert:  technicalcat replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. This is an independent, fee-based technical support site.

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you now.

Is this printer to be connected over a wireless network, or directly to your computer with a USB cable?

NOTE: To reply to me, please type your message in the box below and click the button to send.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm not very savvy re: computer terms. I think directly to my compute with a USB cable.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I feel your service just keeps going on & on with more charges, so I would like to cancel this service .

A USB connection is the simplest to setup/maintain. You simply plug the USB cord from the printer to the computer, as you had it before. If you didn't have this type of setup, and it seems like you didn't, then you had a wireless connection. You'll need to REconnect the printer to your new wireless network In that case, there are several more steps involved.

For wireless, The fastest and easiest way to fix these kinds of problems is a remote connection, which includes phone support. I can connect directly to your computer and call you and fix the problem while you watch and communicate with me. Let me know if you'd like remote services.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No thanks. Just cancel this service.