Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Bizhub C308 which has been sitting a couple of

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a Bizhub C308 which has been sitting a couple of weeks in a flooded room, without getting wet. Was sitting on a pallet. However unit starts up normal then gives trouble code misfeed detected , remove paper from right side door "14" location. I changed the door but no response, same code pops up.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Konica minolta bizhub c308

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Minolta?

Since September 2017

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Unit is not connected to computer.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No that's it.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/28/2018
Technician: Steve Asher, Computer Support Specialist replied 5 months ago
Steve Asher
Steve Asher, Computer Support Specialist

If the paper was in the printer while the room was flooded, you need to start by getting rid of all of the paper. The paper would have drawn moisture out of the air and became slick. This will cause misfeeds. There is a good chance the whole unit needs gone through and serviced. When there is high levels of humidity in the air, it wears out feed rollers and separation pads very quickly. If your getting getting this error even after removing the misfeed then the sensor is probably bad. This could also be caused by the moisture in the air.

Hi Steve,
the paper is not an issue. The unit does not even give you the start light but gives the code before warm up is completed.

Paper is detected via the use of a optical sensor and a flag. When the paper moves through the paper path, it pushes the flag out of the way causing it to block the optical sensor. Open the door and look for the sensor flag. Verify that it freely moves and that it is seated properly. You will also want to look around in there pretty thoroughly. I've seen a small corner off of a piece of paper cause issues. If the flag is correct and no obstructions are seen, the issue is going to be the sensor. It will need to be replaced.

Hi Steve,having some issues with regards ***** ***** the unit in the network. The access to Administrator Mode does not come up to be able to set the IP Address. Trying to figure out a way to remedy this.

What exactly are you getting? Do you know the current address of the device? Is it a static IP or dynamic? If you're not able to get anything, are you able to ping the device?

Another question I should have asked. Are you trying to do this through the control panel or web interface?

Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 5 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.