Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I need help fixing what someone ruined i need to scan pics.

Customer Question
I need help fixing...

I need help fixing what someone ruined i need to scan pics

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your printer when you try to scan?

No\

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Just now my niece used my printer now it wont let me scan and of course she didn't show me what she did

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I want it to work correctly for my needs and i cant figure it out thru the manuals

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/27/2018
Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 3 months ago
Jason Jones, Technician

My name is***** will be the person helping you today.

I am sorry to hear about this problem that you are having with your scanner.

In order to expedite the analysis steps and solution, may I remotely connect to your computer and fix this for you?

- ***** *****

Thank you. I will get that ready for you. After you click the "Securely Connect" button for the remote service, the remote link will be posted here.

id rather talk to you
i rather you talk me thru it

Okay, that will work too. Let's start off by answering a few questions.

1) Are you working on a Windows computer or a Mac computer?

2) How is the scanner connected to your system? (ie: usb cable, network cable, wireless)

3) Are you trying to do initiate the scans from the printer itself or from within an application on the computer?

windows 10
wireless
from the printer itself

1) What happens when you attempt to start the scan?

2) Are you given errors?

3) How far along in the scanning process do you get before it fails?

no errors
says local usb

It says, "Local USB", but it is not connected via USB. It is connected via the Wireless network, correct?

I see that you opened a new duplicate task. Please, do not do that. Doing so may incur an extra cost for you. Stay on this page.