Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I'm having difficulty scanning with my My cannon

Customer Question
I'm having difficulty scanning...

I'm having difficulty scanning with my My cannon printer/scanner. It tells me to set the PC to start scanning. I have no Idea what to look for on my PC

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your Canon printer when you try to scan?

No. It just says set the PC to start scanning. What does that mean?

Technician's Assistant: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. When did you last update the printer driver software?

I have no idea what that would require so I can safely say I haven't done that since I bought the printer a year of so ago.

Technician's Assistant: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I have no idea what I'm doing. That's probably important for him to know.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
3/27/2018
Technician: Mike Taylor, Technician replied 3 months ago
Mike Taylor
Mike Taylor, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue.

Your printer comes with software to allow you to scan from it...

What is the make and model of your printer?

This would be easier if I could remote into your computer and check that you even have the software

Many people rely on windows 10 for the drivers but forget the importance of the printers software as far as function