Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a brother hl 2040 that is continually showing the red…

Customer Question
HI, i have a...

HI, i have a brother hl 2040 that is continually showing the red signal for paper, yet it is full of paper and no paper jam. I have already tried to delete and reinstall the program no success

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? If so, what do they say?

It just states error, no other explanation

Technician's Assistant: The last time you changed your cartridges, did you replace them with new ones or refill the old ones?

Gads, it was years ago, I think it is new

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't use it a lot, it is cheaper than Kinkos, and that is why I am trying to use it today

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
It has been over 30 minutes? Where are you?
I thought answers were always supposed to happen within 30 minutes
3/27/2018
Technician: jeffreybongers, Engineer replied 5 months ago
jeffreybongers
jeffreybongers, Engineer

Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today. Lets get started!

I'm so sorry for the extended wait time. Do you still need assistance with your issue?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Understood.

So to clarify have you tried updating the drivers and firmware of the brother hl 2040 printer?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

by uninstall and reinstall-did not work

Understood.

Can we please try the following:

Try powering off the printer, pull the power cable out of the printer, wait for 1 minute, then put the power cable back in. After this try printing again.

Please let me know how this goes.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

No, I don’t have that kind of money
I would think that would be included since I waited an hour, not in addition
Ok
Same result

Understood.

First take off the front cover. Pull the tabs on the side. Pull out the big toner and cartridge. Do you see the blue tab? Slide the tab from right to left 30 times. Pull out the black cartridge and check for a paper jam.

Replace the cartridge and toner and reinsert into the printer.

Turn the printer on and see if the light goes on.

Please let me know how this goes.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Well, it did not go red. Going to try and print

Great!

It would be greatly appreciated to rate me 5 stars after this conversation. The rating can be done in the top of this screen.

Please let me know how this goes.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Now, I get error
I am trying find out why just a sec

offcourse.

Please let me know how this goes.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Right now it says printing then goes to error
Doesn’t say why
probably when I reinstalled?

Understood.

If that doesnt work, open the back cover and pull down the black cover to see if there is any paperjam on the roller.

Turn off your printer. However you are connected, whether it be usb or other please unplug. Hold down the go button and turn the printer on. Keep the go button down the whole time. All led's should be lit. Release the go button. Let the printer do its thing for a second. Hit the go button 8 times exactly.

This resets everything. Plug your usb or other back in.

Please let me know how this goes.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

No better

Understood.

Can we again please try the following:

Please let me know how this goes.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Do you still need assistance regarding this problem?

It would be greatly appreciated to rate my answer after this conversation. The rating can be done in the top of this screen.

Waiting for your reply,

Kind regards,
Jeff