Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My PC drivers are not compatible with windows 10. My PC

My PC drivers are...

My PC drivers are not compatible with windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer?

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your computer?

I would really like to go back to windows 7. Can you help put my pc back to factory settings?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No I was talking with a expert earlier and was told drivers could be updated and anti hacking security be installed for z$100.00

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/27/2018
SorenX
SorenX, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today!

Why do you think your PC drivers are not compatible with Windows 10? Did someone tell you that?

You can reply back via the box below.

The HP site says if my pc is older than 2013 drivers aren't compatible ans Microsoft told me the same
I was told by a another employee that for 100 I could drivers updated and a a anti hacking program installed . I guess it was another enploy at PH nO.(###) ###-#### Is this part of your Org?

No, that's not part of our organization.

There are a lot of scam operations going around right now and sometimes what they tell you is that your drivers need to be updated, which is why I asked who told you that.

Windows 10 already has an Internet security program built into it.

Regarding your drivers, is there something specific on the machine that doesn't seem to be working right?

I would rally like this pc reset to the factory settings. Is this possible

How long ago did you upgrade to Windows 10?

NOv 2017

Unfortunately, no in that case.

When you first upgrade from a previous version of Windows to Windows 10, it gives you 30 days to revert back. After that, the settings are permanent as it deletes the necessary files to go back to whatever you had on the system previously.

However, unless you have noticed a specific issue with the machine, I really doubt that you actually have a driver problem. My suspicion is that someone was wanting to sell you something.

Drivers are responsible for allowing your hardware to work properly with your software. Unless there's a hardware device that you've noticed isn't working, then there is no reason to think that you actually have a driver problem.

It would only go to restart over & over. I had trouble turning off last friday.
Why does the HP site say that if my pc is older than 2013 the drivers don't support win 10

That sounds like it could be a few things. If the system is just randomly shutting down and restarting on you, then that actually sounds like it could be a physical problem with the motherboard. Often times random resetting like that is a motherboard issue and if that's the case the motherboard simply has to be replaced.

Regarding it not shutting down, that could be a Windows installation issue.

What you could do is perform a reset of Windows 10, which would reinstall Windows 10 and give you a fresh start specifically with Windows 10.

I'm not sure, I'd like to see the page you were looking at. Because certainly there are plenty of people with computers older than five years old that are running Windows 10.

IF I spend the $39.00 and drivers need updating what is that cost?

Drivers are provided by manufacturers for free, so it should never cost you anything to update or install a driver.

SorenX
SorenX, Technician
OK. I am going to spend the 39.00 and hope you can be of help.

Okay, in order to get me connected, here's what I need from you on your end.

Click on the following link:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=b5a83493-6c8f-4483-a6d5-b43e73e8cc7c

When the next page opens up, click the green I Agree button. This should download a small program called Elsinore.Screenconnect.

Run that program and say Yes/OK to all security prompts and it should then connect me.