Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an MX391 Canon printer/scanner/fax. I haven't been…

Customer Question
I have an MX391...

I have an MX391 Canon printer/scanner/fax. I haven't been able to use the scanner. I assume I need a driver for that. Can you help me find it, please?

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your Canon printer when you try to scan?

No, it just says "Scan Local (USB)" and I can't get it to do anything but go back to "Copy"

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I don't know. I bought it used.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that I very much need to use the scanner now!

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
3/27/2018
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 3 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to Just Answer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily. Before we proceed with any troubleshooting, please once unplug your printer from the wall outlet wait for 2 minutes and plug it back in. Let me know when this is done.