Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Printers ink pad is at end of service life" What do I do?

Customer Question
Quot;Printers ink pad is...

Quot;Printers ink pad is at end of service life" What do I do?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

EPSON XP 830

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Epson printer?

It just started

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

2 years ago ??

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I have MS # 7

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
3/27/2018
Technician: Thomas Kline,
 replied 5 months ago
Thomas Kline

Hi, my name is Thomas and welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your e-mail. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.You may see some automatic pop-up with offers for Membership or Remote Assistance, please ignore or close them if you do not want it. I have no control over those offers.

Technician: Thomas Kline,
 replied 5 months ago

As a professional I regret to inform you that this Epson needs to be serviced, here is a what i found on the Epson website

"Epson recommends replacing the printer, but if you want to continue using it, Epson recommends having the printer serviced at an Epson Customer Care Center. Please note that replacement of ink pads is relatively expensive and may not be a good investment for lower cost printers because the printers’ other components also may be near the end of usable life."