Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My husband followed instructions from: removed all

My husband followed instructions...

My husband followed instructions from Josh: removed all cartridges and reinserted, removed power cord, waited 2 min., etc., and machine would still not align. Blank paper kept coming out until it ran out of paper. It still says "load paper", and "error" light is flashing.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your printer?

It is A646.

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

The error message says "alignment failure". I can open the lid.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I bought this printer on ebay, and I first had to reset it to the correct type of paper and since then I haven't been able to align it.

3/28/2018
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Hello Harry. Thank you, ***** ***** need help with our hp printer.
As it is a separate device (photo printer) and not a computer or phone, I don't believe it can be remotely connected.
I do not wish to be remotely connected, and would appreciate assistance from Harry.

How old is the printer?

The printer is a 2009 product, but it supposedly had never been used. My husband bought it on ebay, and it appeared to be new, but one never knows.

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.

I was afraid that what you say would be the case. As we are in Canada, we haven't had much luck in finding a printer exactly like this, and that's why we went ahead and took a chance on the ebay purchase. We lose!! Oh well, thank you for your expert opinion. Have a good evening.

You're welcome -- I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news because our rating on the site is based on the feedback of our customers so bad news situations are difficult to deal with. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers are understanding that we are just messengers in the situation and do not take it out on the rating system.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Harry, Engineer