Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have lost the ability to scan items either wirelessly or…

Customer Question
I have lost the...

I have lost the ability to scan items either wirelessly or connected.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

HP Officejet 6600

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your OfficeJet?

Let's just say this isn't the first call I've made. It's been working fine for quite a while after my last service incident, but just started not working a couple of days ago.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Not lately. Keep getting a msg. that I need to, but we were away for the winter and I haven't done it yet.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that's about it.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/27/2018
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to Just Answer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily. Before we proceed with any troubleshooting, please once unplug your printer from the wall outlet wait for 2 minutes and plug it back in. Let me know when this is done.

It has been unplugged for two minutes and I just now plugged it back in.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

How about the computer you have is that Windows?

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

Please wait.

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-6600-e-all-in-one-printer-series-h711/4322968/model/4323587

Kindly go to the above link and download and install the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One Printer series - H711 Full Feature Software and Driver on your computer.

I have downloaded and installed the software.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

Now please try to scan.

Get a message saying there is a problem connecting to the device.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

May I troubleshoot this through remote?

If am unable to fix it, that would be refunded to you.

Is the $39 in addition to the $33 I have already paid?
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

Yes, it is.

Let's just see what we can do without remotely connecting first.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

Am sorry that is all we could do offline.

Well, I'd like a refund of my $33, please.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

You can contact Customer Support via email at***@******.*** or you can view options for contacting them by chat or phone at ww2.justanswer.com/help to request a refund.
Thank you so much for your time

OK
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 4 months ago

Bye.