Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Having a constant problem with my WF-3620 scanner. This

Having a constant problem...

Having a constant problem with my WF-3620 scanner. This message pops up: Files cannot be saved to the selected folder because you do not have sufficient access privileges. Please select another folder. i have already uninstalled the old firmware for the scanner and installed the new one. Still the same screen comes up. I cannot use the scanner.

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your printer when you try to scan?

No, just that screen.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Just now for the scanner.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't think so.

3/27/2018
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to Just Answer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily. Before we proceed with any troubleshooting, please once unplug your printer from the wall outlet wait for 2 minutes and plug it back in. Let me know when this is done

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Waiting two minutes.

How about the computer you have is that Windows?

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
No. I want to know why I keep having so much trouble with a fairly new printer/scanner. This happens every 4 or 5 months. It's frustrating. I keep having problems.

The computer you are using is that your work computer?

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Every time I receive an update for my printer, it messes it up, and I have to go through this all over again. I refused the latest update for that reason.
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
The computer is in my home.

Seems that the computer is not allowing the permission to scan documents.

Can you try doing the update firmware on your printer.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Don't know exactly how at this point since I don't have the notice. I'll try on my own.
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Normally I have to reboot the computer, which means we will be disconnected.
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
This would be much easier if we did this over the phone!!!
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Do I have to uninstall anything first????
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
are you there??

No you can install it directly.

Is that done?

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Windows 10. No , message said it would take about 15 minutes.

ALright, will wait.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
It say complete and successful.

Did you also install the firmware?

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I installed the package like you said. It still does the same thing. Won't let me scan.
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
you've got me going back and forth from my phone to my email to this computer. This is really confusing!!

Just focus on the chat those are the reminders for you in in case you miss the chat.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I installed the cc0912.

Great, now try to scan.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Maybe I just installed the combo package. I'll try the CC0912

Alright.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
it says the firmware has already been updated.

Great, now try scanning.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Same screen comes up. Don't have access etc.
May I troubleshoot this through remote?If am unable to fix it, that would be refunded to you.
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
ok.

If you would like remote support please select the option and we can continue.

Suhasini Velu

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=cb73a2e3-2ce2-4d1a-8d46-37bd57a4d0a0

Please click on the above link on your Windows computer and a file named Elsinore.Screenconnect would be downloaded.

Double click on the downloaded file to enable remote access on your computer. Let me know if you have any difficulties in doing this.

If you are not able to see the downloads, press control key and J together at the same time and you will find the downloads folder of your browser.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Scanner does not communicate with the computer.

Got you back again.

If you have any follow-up questions, don’t hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to provide your reviews since the issue was fixed.
And thank you so much for contacting Just Answer.
You can also directly write back to me
https://www.justanswer.com/electronics/expert-suhasini/
I wish you have an awesome day ahead!

Suhasini Velu
Suhasini Velu
Suhasini Velu