Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My cannon mx922 the carrage will not move i have a code

Customer Question
My cannon mx922 the...

My cannon mx922 the carrage will not move i have a code 5199

Technician's Assistant: Is your MX922 displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

I t is new a replacement of thr old one that had same message i

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I need to replace one more ink but i can't get to it

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
3/27/2018
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 3 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

I HAVE TO LOAD ONE MORE INK CARTRIDGE BUT CARRAGE WON'T MOVE

ok.. did you do the instructions I gave you?

I SILL WAITING FOR 10 MINETS

Thanks

Let me know the results please

NOTHING SAME PROBLEN

ok, remove the power cable to it

Move the carriage to the middle by hand, put the ink in and connect the power cable to it again and tell me how it then functions please

I CAN'T MOVE IT IT IS LOCK

Thanks

It is the drove motor for the carriage that has faulted., this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

THANKS FOR HELP I WILL CALL ON YOU AGAIN

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Was there still something else required?