Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have previously asked, with no response, for Epson to stop…

Customer Question
I have previously asked...

I have previously asked, with no response, for Epson to stop giving me pop up reminders to register my printer because I did that when I bought it years ago. Everytime I go to print something I get the pop up box and I can't delete it, it just keeps coming. Can you PLEASE block it or something to stop it popping up all the time? Thank you!

Technician's Assistant: What Epson model do you have?

XP410

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Epson printer?

Many months or even more. I can't remember actually. I made a not that I asked to have it stopped on 2nd September last year, but it's still there!

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I changed to Windows 10 just after it was available if that's what you mean.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Printers
3/27/2018
Technician: UranIT, Network Administrator replied 2 months ago
UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will try my best to assist you.
Please allow me a minute to review your question and prepare an answer, or I may ask more questions for clarification

May I connect to your computer securely to troubleshoot the issue directly?
Once connected, I can troubleshoot the problem and resolve it right on your screen

No I do not want anyone connecting with my computer. If I think anyone is doing this I will disconnect immediately.

Sure, uninstall your printer drivers fully, then install only basic drivers without any additional software. the pop up will be gone.

Do you have any additional questions?

I am very confused. I have had several emails from 'Just Answer'. I originally contacted Epson Printers and somehow I'm now connected to you, You asked for a refundable $5 deposit and I foolishly gave my credit card number for this and now it seems I may have been billed $55 !!!!!! I have not given permission for this and I want to know what is going on! Can you please respond and tell me that I have NOT been charge any more than the $5 I was informed about/

You probably didn't read fully about our pricing,

as I have no access to billing, please check with customer service about all Billing questions: http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

I was not given any information about billing and neither was I aware that I was not just getting answers from Epson. This sounds like a scam and I am very upset.

We are a paid support website. We have nothing to do with Epson and there is no name Epson anywhere on our website.

Then how did I get onto your website when I went into Epson to ask a question about my printer? And why did you ask for $5 refundable and then charge me $55 with absolutely no notification of any further cost? How can I now get a refund and opt out of this?

All notifications were on your screen before you accepted them, and we also sent you emails about every charge - before and after, check them...

As you correctly said- $5 is a deposit towards full price of the question and now that I have accepted your question - rest of amount was charged

I will not comment on your knowledge of browsing internet...

check with customer service about all Billing questions and refunds: http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Good luck with your issue

I am 80 years of age and use my computer a lot but I am not technically educated. I do not profess to understand even the instructions you gave me, which I have not done because I don't understand them. I could hardly be reading my emails while I am on the internet to you anyway so I don't know what they said. All I know is I did not give permission for you to take $55 of my money and I would like it returned please.
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 2 months ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. I'm another tech; I can fix this issue for you. I can fix your computer's printing issue remotely and quickly for you while you are watching.
How about with a small amount as shown for direct remote support?
Please reply at the box below; we guarantee our service. Thank you,

I do not want you to do anything more for me. I somehow got linked to your website after going into an Epson website. Since I am not very computer literate I did not realise I had been moved on somewhere else and thought I was still with Epson. I have no idea how I got to your website which I have never heard of. I am in Australia. I was asked to pay a $5 refundable deposit and then received notification that I had paid $55 ! I did not authorise this and was not given any information about charges and costs except that $5. I would like to cease all connection with this company and have my money refunded and my credit card details destroyed by you. Can you please organise that for me?

OK, we are canceling this per your request. By the way, since the printer is currently able to copy and print fine, so the issue is not with the printer, but with the computer. Since there is nothing wrong with your printer, then Epson will not help you. The issue is with the computer only. If you still need help with this issue later on, and/or if you need help with any other computer issue in the future, please come back anytime as you wish. We guarantee our service. Thank you.