Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Hp office jet 3830 series, cannot get it off (paused,

Hp office jet 3830...

Hp office jet 3830 series, cannot get it off (paused, default) to print documents.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

Mac computer, hp office jet 3830 series printer

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your OfficeJet?

About 3 days. No matter what I change it goes back to paused, default

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on your model

Been a while

3/27/2018
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try:

1. Disconnect the printer's USB cable, if any, from the computer for now.
  2. Click on the Apple logo / menu at the upper left corner of your computer's screen, then click on System Preferences.
  3. Click on Printers & Scanners (or Print & Fax.)
  4. There, click on your printer, then click on the - (minus) button at bottom left, and confirm Yes to delete it for now. Make sure there is not any printer showing there for now.
  5. Make sure printer is powered on.
  6. Re-connect printer's USB cable, if any, securely to both printer and computer.
  7. Click on the + (plus) button at bottom left, and see if it detects your printer.
  8. If yes, click on your printer, then then click on Add.
  9. Then see if you can print now.

- If needed, are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass? (not printing from the computer.)

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
says there was an error in adding the printer and nothing happened. I now have no printer

1. Please turn off printer, then disconnect power cord from printer for a couple of minutes, then re-connect, then turn on.

2. In Printers & Scanners (or Print & Fax), right-click on the printer's list (or Control + click in the printer's list on the left), then click on option Reset printing system and ok / reset / confirm. then click on the + (plus) button at bottom left, then see if you can add.

Thank you.

On your computer, click on the website below to connect remotely with me, then I can help you directly:

https://download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.dmg

, then open the downloaded file called TeamViewerQS.dmg

, then tell me the ID and Password ***** the TeamViewer window. Do not close the TeamViewer window.

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Nothing is happening?

After clicking on the above website, do you see the item called TeamViewerQS.dmg in the Downloads folder on your computer?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Nothing is happening and I now have no printer!

Can you please do the steps below:

1. On your computer, click on the website below to connect remotely with me.

2, then open the downloaded file called TeamViewerQS.dmg

3, then tell me the ID and Password ***** the TeamViewer window. Do not close the TeamViewer window.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Still waiting for help, nothing happening!

Please do the 3-step process above. Check your Downloads folder for the TeamViewerQS.dmg item. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have received no answers, please cancel!

Do you see my all replies above? Please scroll up /down this page to see all my replies. Thank you.

Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician