Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My HP 6830 printer/fax combo will not accept faxes if

Customer Question
My HP 6830 printer/fax...

My HP 6830 printer/fax combo will not accept faxes if dialing in number is ***** how do I change the setting so it will accept all faxes?

Technician's Assistant: Are your device's other functions (printing, copying, scanning, etc.) working fine?

Yes and I do get certain faxes

Technician's Assistant: When did this fax issue begin?

Since i moved to a new address and got a new phone number

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No that is it

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
3/27/2018
Technician: technicalcat, Consultant replied 5 months ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. This is an independent, fee-based technical support site.

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you now.

In most cases, this is being blocked by your phone service provider. If you aren't aware of that, then please check the preferences/settings menu on the printer (fax settings) for a "junk fast" option. Let me know if you find that.

NOTE: To reply to me, please type your message in the box below and click the button to send.

no my phone service provider is not blocking.i will check now on junk fast option

sorry typo. "junk fax"

no my phone service provider is not blocking.i found junk fax setting, what do I do ?

Go through the settings. Turn off the blocking. Turn it off/disable. Let me know results of this.

no way to turn off or on it just says to use it i must have caller ID which I do not have.

If you don't have caller id, then how do you know the numbers are "undisclosed"?

i had my friend test fax to me and that is the message they got on their machine, that my fax machine was blocking their fax to me due to undisclosed number on my friends end

If you don't have caller id, then the fax machine has no way of even knowing what the calling number is. Also, the fax isn't going to send a message to the caller about an undisclosed number. If you listen closely, what you'll likely see is that the phone company (your voicemail) is picking up at the same time or before your fax does. If it rings more than 2-3 times, you may be able to set your printer fax rings to less to defeat the system, but the best way would be to disable the phone company blocking the unknown numbers, which is what the problem is.

Please let me know if this answers your question and you are satisfied, or if you need further assistance or information from me. Thank You.

I will call my phone companythanks

If I've helped you today, please remember to rate my service by clicking the stars. Rating costs nothing more and helps me. I strive for excellent 5 star service. Please also remember you can followup with me on this issue after rating for no additional fee if you have any further questions.

Thanks for using Justanswer.