Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It keeps saying there is a paper jam but there isn't one…

Customer Question
It keeps saying there...

It keeps saying there is a paper jam but there isn't one that we can find

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Epson WF-4630

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your WF-4630?

Just this evening. Last time I printed it worked fine

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I'm not sure. A couple weeks maybe

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
3/27/2018
Technician: Md. Sadique, Engineer replied 3 months ago
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer

Hello, and thank you for your question.

The most common and likely cause to this type of problem is either some foreign object/paper dust is stuck in the paper feed or printer, or the paper sensor in the feed tray has become dirty or defective.

Turn Off the printer, unplug it from the power as well as from computer completely.Then remove all paper from the paper feed unit and blow it out with compressed air a few times. With a flashlight look inside the paper feed to ensure there is nothing obstructing the paper feed mechanism down inside the printer where it is not easily seen.

Next, take moistened Q-tips and clean the rubber rollers in the automatic sheet feeder using it. Then blow some compressed air inside the printer as well to remove excess dust and to dry the rollers.

Holding the printer in both hands, turn it upside down and gently shake it for a few seconds to see if anything falls out of the paper feed area.

Then plug the printer back up and replace it with a fresh, small stack (about 5 pages) of paper.Then try to print again.

If still, it doesn't help then as a last resort you can try forcing a thick paper or fold an A4 piece of paper in half, and then by hand push it through the machine, hopefully, this may push any objects out.

After that turn the printer OFF, when it is on, by unplugging it from the power source.
Then unplug it from the computer and leave it that way for 10 minutes. Then replace everything back.

Tell me how it goes!

Thanks, ***** ***** cleaning the feeder wheels with compressed air before I got this response and that worked.

Glad to hear that your problem is resolved.

Thanks for using JustAnswer.