Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Our scanner no longer works. The message is that the scanner…

Our scanner no longer...

Our scanner no longer works. The message is that the scanner is "not ready". The interface is "not connected". The option and firmware are "unknown". Our printer is the EPSON 04FAA2 (Epson 2500 series)

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your 04FAA2 when you try to scan?

No error code!

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

A few minutes ago

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/27/2018
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your scanner question.

If the driver was updated, that might perhaps have knocked it offline - temporarily, I hope.

Try turning Off the scanner, first, and restarting your computer also.

See if, after the computer has restarted, and then after you have also turned On the scanner again, and waited 2 minutes or more after turning it On after the restart, whether it now works and is recognized and listed etc.

If not... something may have gone wrong with the driver update. And/or, the scanner suddenly failed to work. So if it is on a USB cable to the computer, also unplug the USB cable at either end, and make sure both ends of the cable are firmly seated when plugged back in after about 10 seconds or longer of being disconnected.

Let me know how that turns out, please, in Reply - I will have more advice to offer as needed.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.

I followed your instructions but it did not work. There is no USB cable as we are using WI-FI
How much for you connecting and fixing it for me?
Can you call me later today? If so, what time? Are you going to come onto my computer?

I will need to know what sort of computer you have, please: Windows PC, or Apple computer?

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

I could connect to your computer, by a remote control session or Secure Remote session. Let me know the above, and I will be able to set that up (the connection differs from Windows to Apple type computers.)

I am using an Acer laptop with Windows 10

OK... give me a few minutes please...

On your Acer laptop, or on the Windows PC that you use to scan with, go to

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=13e1cfc7-ec9b-421f-81f4-a1ce0d6e7451

and on that page, scroll down and click on I AGREE, then download, and then Open or Run, the Elsinore Remote control app... once that is done, I will join the session, and open a Chat window on your computer's screen through which we may communicate.

Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Connected, assessed scanner configuration, corrected configuration, adjusted settings for Epson Scan, adjusted scan correction, did a test scan that customer thought came out OK.... customer offered to do a rating of "10!" Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com, and have a great day!