Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I installed just the black ink cartridge and now it wont…

Customer Question
I installed just the...

I installed just the black ink cartridge and now it wont print.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your printer?

WF-3640

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

Yes code is ox69

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so !

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/26/2018
Technician: technicalcat, Consultant replied 4 months ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. This is an independent, fee-based technical support site.

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you now.

1) Please remove all cartridges from printer with printer powered ON.

2) Wipe off contacts on cartridges with clean lint free cloth or paper towel.

3) Unplug printer from POWER (you wall power outlet), so printer goes dark

4) While the power is UNPLUGGED, press and hold the power button on printer for at least 30 seconds. Then, release power button.

5) Plug printer back in , and power on

6) Reinstall ink cartridges.

Please let me know results of these steps. Thanks.

NOTE: To reply to me, please type your message in the box below and click the button to send.

Well its now printing, but its not up to par ! skips sections of what ever Iam coping
No i wont spend another penny this unit is brand new in pass 8 months.

Good to hear it's working! If sections are skipping, please try a few head/ink cleaning operations. This could also be caused by inferior ink if you replaced with refills or anything other than genuine Epson ink.

If I've helped you today, please remember to rate my service by clicking the stars. Rating costs nothing more and helps me. I strive for excellent 5 star service. Please also remember you can followup with me on this issue after rating for no additional fee if you have any further questions.

Thanks for using Justanswer.

You helped me a lot , what I did after this was run it thru the cleaning cycle three times and then made all the quality adjustments, I only use Epson cartridges system now working. You do get an A for your efforts!

If I've helped you today, please remember to rate my service by clicking the stars on your screen. Rating costs nothing more and helps me. I strive for excellent 5 star service. Please also remember you can followup with me on this issue after rating for no additional fee if you have any further questions.

Thanks for using Justanswer.