Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Well I need scanner software for my older Canon MP620 series…

Customer Question
Well I need scanner...

Well I need scanner software for my older Canon MP620 series scanner

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your MP620 when you try to scan?

When I push the scan button it says "corrupt or missing file" and it concludes

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

About 6 months ago

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
3/26/2018
Technician: Michelle, Printer Expert replied 3 months ago
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

You are at www.justanswer.com services.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out

What Operating System (OS) is running on the computer?

MAC OS 10.11.6
MAC OS 10.11.6
When I attempt to run the scanner, it says file corrupt or missing

how is printer connected to computer..usb or wifi

MAC OS 10.11.6
USB

please unplug printer usb and plug it back in after 5-6 secs

let me know once done

MAC OS 10.11.6
USB
would downloading a fresh driver, software help?
or is it time for tech refresh
Unplugged and replugged done
hello?
its been done

try to scan

also are you able to print

Trying the rpinting now
Yes prints just fine
Trying the rpinting now
Yes prints just fine
scan No. says same thing, file corrupt or missing file scans is cancelled

from apple menu click on preferences

then click on printer and scanners option

once the print and scan window opens click on scan tab

click on plus sign to add the scanner again

once it finds the scanner in search select it and add

in the add box make sure that in use as drop down scanner is selected

let me know once done

Trying the rpinting now
Yes prints just fine
Have re-added it. Come up with bon jour scanner
selected but when I hit the scan tab it says file missing or corrupt
Gotta leave now for an appointment. Thanks

since there are no add on software/ driver for the macos version of this printer model, even i am out of ideas and will opt out and let other exerts advice on this

Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 3 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.