Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Print is light and pink. Loss of Black, color print

Print is light and...

Print is light and pink. Loss of Black, color print selected, cartridges are full.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Kodak esp 3.2

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kodak printer?

About 3 days

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Don't know

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

How do I check my operating system for the 3.2 esp?

3/26/2018
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I still need an answer. I updated my drivers in the meantime, and that did nothing.
Hello. Are you there?
When I select B/W it prints nothing (faintly pink). When I switch to color, I still get pink only and faint.

How old is the printer?

About 3-4 years

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.

OK, Thanks, ***** ***** you're right!

You're welcome -- I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news because our rating on the site is based on the feedback of our customers so bad news situations are difficult to deal with. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers are understanding that we are just messengers in the situation and do not take it out on the rating system.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Harry, Engineer