Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Black lines. Canon h21566. Last few days, use it much. Not…

Customer Question
Black lines Technician's Assistant:...

Black lines

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Canon h21566

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your H21566?

Last few days, don use it much

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Not printing from a device, just making copies

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/26/2018
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 2 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

That did not fix the problem. The black lines are still there

ok, I do not see a match on model h21566

Can you double check this please

H12256

Ok, I do not see a match on that model.

Is this a photocopier or a desktop printer?

Copier

Remove the toner from the photocopier and wipe it down along with the area the toner goes in.

Once done, let it dry for 5 minutes, then put the toner in and tell me how it now functions please

I'll try it later, I don't have time now.

Ok, I will mark this question to remain open so If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thank you