Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an xp 434 printer. My computer is HP with windows 8.

I have an xp...

I have an xp 434 printer. My computer is HP with windows 8. After installing the latest printer update I am getting a read out which says: "warning Ink cartridge is not recognized. please replace" I have put in a different cartridge and the same message is still appearing. Everything was working fine before the update installation.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your printer?

Model c462t

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

Nothing other than message to replace cartridges. I am able to open the lid and able to access the cartridges

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Will I be charged for talking with a technician?

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/26/2018
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Richard, Technician
Have already done that and the same message keeps appearing
Are you working to connect to my device. Not impatient but just wondering what is or isn't happening

Thank you

Please note, these instructions are done on a computer

If you are on a windows computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.exe

Else for a Mac computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.dmg

A program will start downloading to your computer (it does not open a webpage, but the file will start downloading to your computer).

Run the program and it shows you and ID and Password.

Give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Thank you

766 009 706
password *****
The printer does not work. Thought that we might not have restored the computer back far enough. So I did another recovery on the computer setting it back to March 21. I have shut off the printer. Removed the cartridges and replaced. Still will not accept the ink cartridges. Any more suggestions?

Download the firmware from my link below and run it

https://ftp.epson.com/drivers/FW_MO07I3.exe

Once the firmware is installed, tell me if it accepts the ink cartridges please

Tried to install program. Got to step 5. Screen asks for model name. No selections appear and I am unable to type information on the screen. Please help

Thanks

It is the internal mainboard in the printer that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thank you