Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My MG6460 reported a paper jam which I fixed according to…

My MG6460 reported a...

My MG6460 reported a paper jam which I fixed according to instructions on the web. On powering up, the printer went through "reading motions" but did not print. It now states "Report Code1600" and shows cartridge C to be in error and the cartridge light is flashing. I have changed cartridge C with a new (unused) cartridge but it still doesn't work. All other cartridges have a steady red illumination. What can I do?

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Never

3/26/2018
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Same result.message is "Ink may have run out". I've replaced the cartridge but it still doesn't work

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

No Change. still not working

Thanks

It is a paper sensor that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have the sensor replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Technician
Richard. My understanding that the service fee of $43 + $5 is fully refundable. I have checked my bank account statement and find that there is no refund and also that the $43 and $5 have been debited twice. Would you please explain what's happening.

That is the cost for this service, it is not a free service, it is my livelihood providing this service.

OK but you correctly noted that my question was asked twice and you confirmed that the second submission had been blocked. this was the correct action. However, my bank account was debited twice. Why?

yes a deposit then the cost for the service.

No. The deposit ($5) and the fee ($43) have been debited to my account twice but only one service has been provided as the second (repeated question) was blocked by your organisation.

Looking at your account I see you made two of the same questions, I now closed the other one as a duplicate and that will be refunded to you.

Thank you. I'll check soon