Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a printer LaserJet 4000, I got a new iMac computer, I…

Customer Question
HELLO I have a...

HELLO I have a printer LaserJet 4000, I got a new iMac computer, I dont have the software for the peinter and I has been unable to download the drives fron Hp web page, what I can do because the printer stile working very well.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your LaserJet: wirelessly or by USB?

Is connected thru a eternet cable

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

On February 2017 I replace my old computer at this time I start having problems with the printer, then a window show up telling me about some problems whit my printer and they can fix the problems for around $ 450.00 since then I can not use my printer and never dfownload the software since

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Well my HP printer is an excellent printer I never have problems since I got and I dont want to trow away

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
3/26/2018
Technician: ITCris, Technician replied 3 months ago
ITCris
ITCris, Technician

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

Are you aware that your printer is not supported by Mac's latest OS software?

not, maybe I need to get a new one?

Yes, unfortunately you will need a new printer. Your printer is a great printer as I have come across that printer in the past. However, if the latest operating system Mac provides. It does not support some older model printers as hardware has a expiration date. When new software comes up and not supported any longer.

I wish I had better news for you but do to circumstances the correct answer I can provide you. Let me know if you would like any recommendations on a new printer I can provide you. Please take a moment to rate my service and the top left and submit. Thanks, Cris.