Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I can't get the red light on error to go off. Tried

Customer Question
I can't get the...

I can't get the red light on error to go off. Tried unplugging the printer and plug back in. Brothers HL-227ODW. It had been jammed with a piece of paper which we just pulled out.

Technician's Assistant: What Brother model do you have?

HL-227ODW

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Brother printer?

3 days

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Never

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
3/26/2018
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 3 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to Just Answer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily. Before we proceed with any troubleshooting, please once unplug your printer from the wall outlet wait for 2 minutes and plug it back in. Let me know when this is done.

I unplugged it and plugged back in but the light is still on
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 3 months ago

And I would like to know how is the printer connected to your computer?

Is it through USB or through Wi-Fi?

USB
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 3 months ago

It is possible the Brother HL-2270DW will not reset properly after putting in a new cartridge. You may still have a ‘toner low’ or ‘toner empty’ message. It is possible to manually reset the printer to remove this message:

1. Ensure the printer is turned off.

2. Open the printer front cover.

3. Hold the Go button while turning the printer on.

4. When the Toner, Drum, and Error LEDs are on and the Ready LED is off, release the GO button. All of the LEDs will turn off.

5. Press the Go button two (2) times. The Toner, Drum, and Error LEDs will turn on.

6. TN420 / TN2210 cartridge - Press the Go button six (6) times, or

7. TN450 / TN2220 cartridge - Press the Go button seven (7) times.

8. The Error LED should now be flashing, close the front cover.

It was jammed with a piece of paper. I fixed it
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 3 months ago

You can contact Customer Support via email at***@******.*** or you can view options for contacting them by chat or phone at ww2.justanswer.com/help to request a refund.