Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It is showing error code 0xF1. And i have no idea whats

Customer Question
Hi it is showing...

Hi it is showing error code 0xF1

Technician's Assistant: Is your printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

And i have no idea whats wrong yes even after restarting and removing the cartridges

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Oh ages ago cant even remember

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No nothing else im guessing thats it thanks

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Printers
3/25/2018
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 1 month ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

As an initial step please open up the back/rear cover on the printer and check carefully there for any jammed paper or other debris. Remove what you find, put the cover back on, then cycle the printer off and on and let me know the results

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Nathan,
I just did what you said and the results are still the same. the printer is saying ERROR CODE 0xF1
However, i saw like a filter, please see attach photos that i sent you. maybe it is because of this..?

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

That item that was on the table is part of the ink absorber system, that being out of place indicates a deeper hardware issue or damage to the waste ink system.

Look to the right under where the printhead parks and see if you can get it back into place, then power off and on again

Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 28 days ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

John, Computer Science Engineer