Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a really bad paper jam clear in the back of the

Customer Question
I have a really...

I have a really bad paper jam clear in the back of the printer. Is there a way to open the back to retrieve it? It is not a full sheet; somehow there is a torn piece stuck.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

MX492

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

Just a few days. It stopped printing.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I am not sure. Probably never.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
3/25/2018
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 3 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I do
The jam is completely to the back and it is a torn sheet so can't grab it. I removed back cover and cannot view it.

Did you look at the link?