Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Powers up but only gets to screen that says "Epson" WF 4740.

Powers up but only...

Powers up but only gets to screen that says "Epson"

Technician's Assistant: What Epson model do you have?

WF 4740

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Epson printer?

Started last night. We were scanning some doc's and they came out blank. Then it would not do anything. Turned power off, then on. Message came up to turn off and on one more time. It now only goes to Epson screen

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

This unit was purchased new 11/29/2017 from Staples.

3/25/2018
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

1. Unplug all cables (including printer USB cable) and memory cards from the printer. Unplug the power cord, directly from the back of the printer while the printer is still turned on.

2. Unplug the other end of the cord from the power source. If there is a power module on the power cord, disconnect one end and reconnect it.

3. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Then, wait for two minutes.

4. After two minutes, plug the cord directly into a wall outlet (not a surge protector or battery backup as they can cause the printer to lose basic functionality over time).

5. Plug the power cord into the back of the printer.

6. The printer should automatically power back up. If it doesn't, turn it on with the power button.

7. Try making a photocopy (if your printer is an all-in-on printer) before connecting any other cables to the printer.

8. Connect any other needed cables to the printer.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Did not fix. Still getting just the Epson screen.

Have you tried changing the wall sockets?

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I have a protection policy through Staples so I will contact them. I just thought if there was something easy to try first I would do that.

The printer is in warranty. You can either go to Staples or Epson to get it replaced if needed.

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
will take back to Staples. Thank you.

It seems a hardware issue. I apologize for the inconvenience. be back if you have any other issues.

Thank you.