Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

2 times a week we print batches of documents to be filled…

Customer Question
2 times a week...

2 times a week we print batches of documents to be filled out by a large group of people at an assembly. We are dealing with roughly 1000 people whose records have to be chosen and at that point we have to produce 2 different sheets of paper imprinted with details pertaining to the person in duplex. We have found that the printers we had that work well slow down To 1/4 of their rated speed when they duplex. They also slow down when they changeInput tray selections. Ideally we would like one printer to print from 2 different trays the 2 duplex sheets (forms) sequentially so that we would not have to manually Match and collateThe output of 2 separate printers. We are looking for suitable machines currently considering Oki data MPS 5501B and brother HLS 7000 DN as well as possibly Hewlett-Packard 609X. We have the Manufacturers specifications For each of the machines but Those specifications do not give us details as toWhat percentage of the sheet per minute rate the final output is. Can you advise us how to determine that as well as which of these machines are other suggestions you might have, thank you.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your 609X: wirelessly or by USB?

We don't own a 609X but are considering the purchase with the machines we are using we have been doing both cats 6 connections as well as USBs. We are downloading Each page as a separate job, We have had some difficulty withPrint spooler's messing upThe order of documents. We would consider a printer with a hard disk if it would take the document and print it more reliable.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Among printers we have used are some Brother MFC 6900
that Have fairly recent software as they were purchased in the last year. They show the same slowness on duplex and tray changing as the HP and other printers we have used,,,,

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
3/26/2018
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 3 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

asap