Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It's actually my mom's. She replaced the cartridges and it…

Customer Question
It's actually my mom's...

It's actually my mom's. She replaced the cartridges and it won't print. I went over and reset all of the cartridges and appeared to be okay on the printer. Still won't print. What next?

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your printer?

XP830

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

No error messages. Yes, we can open lid that covers the cartridges on the printer.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I am just looking for items to try. I have to be at my mom's do try the stuff.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
3/25/2018
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 3 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Is it going through the motions, but putting out a blank page?

It won't even print a blank page.

So when you try to print something from the computer, it just doesn't respond at all?
If you try to make a copy from the glass (test both black only and color modes), how do those come out?

I had left before she went through those tests. I don't think it even went.

Does it give any error message or flashing lights?

You know. I am going to have to be at her house to do this. She is not computer literate and has no concept of things to try. Sorry.

No problem, just make sure you bookmark/favorite this page, or have your justanswer account set up so you can sign in and get back to me here on this question when you are there on site.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.