Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Just changed the Image Drum (Magenta) and the toner

Customer Question
Just changed the Image...

Just changed the Image Drum (Magenta) and the toner cartridge - I got an error code 541

Technician's Assistant: Is your printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

I shut it down and restarted it same error 541 - OKI C77

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Do not remember - maybe never

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

This is the first time I had to replace the image drum - I am getting the notice that I have two more drum to do in the near future.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
3/25/2018
Technician: Joel Kalman, Engineer replied 3 months ago
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer

Hello. I am pleased to assist you today. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

Here is a link to an illustrated webpage that shows how to remove and reinsert the drums and toner cartridges and check the belt unit to see that the two knobs on either side ore in the full locked position:

https://okiprinting-en-gb.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7263/~/a-sensor-error-occurred-in-the-image-drum-%28error%3A-540%2C-541%2C-542%2C-543%29-or

Please let me know if you have any problems following this procedure and if it resolves your problem.

If you have any additional questions or problems, please let me know, so that I can provide you with the additional support that you need. My goal is to provide you with the best possible customer service. If you are satisfied with my advice, please take a moment to rate my services.

Joel, I got that far - I need to know what to do to fix the error code 541 on my C711 Laser printer. There is something that is not just right. I did the new image drum and then the new toner cartridge. I have tried to shut down the printer and restart but I still get the error code. 541-Toner sensor code. I cannot seem to find a way to get the answer from OKI web site. Your answer took me to OKI Europe.

The sensor for the Magenta drum indicates that the drum is not seated properly. Remove all the drum assemblies from the printer, remove the Magenta toner cartridge from the drum, and check to see that you have removed all protectives tape and packing materials. Reassemble the Magenta drum and toner cartridge assembly. Check the belt unit by rotating the locking knobs on both sides, first to the unlocked position and then to the fully locked position. Reinsert all the toner cartridge into the printer in sequential order. Please let me know what happens.

I found the answer to the problem - I Think - This was the first image drum I have changed on this printer. I have a C711 and they sent C5100 drums. It is my fault as they will fit but it is not the right drum.

Thank you for the feedback. Often consumables will physically fit but are prevented from working by an electronically encoded part number. You will need to return the drums and exchange them for the correct part numbers.

If you have any questions or have problems with this advice, please let me know so that I can provide you with the additional support that you need. My goal is to provide you with the best possible customer service. If you are satisfied with my advice, please take a moment to rate my services.