Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My Epson XP-960 is on, good connection to my Wi-Fi, but my…

My Epson XP-960 is...

My Epson XP-960 is on, good connection to my Wi-Fi, but my computer says "offline". I can't figure out how to get it back. I have 2 different printers shown in my list: Epson XP-960 Series and Epson 7E27CA (XP-960 Series). I don't know which one to try to address. Both say "Offline". This printer has been in use for 2 years and this same thing happened about a week ago but, a couple of days later, it cleared up. Got any suggestions?

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your XP-960: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

A week ago. I get regular instructions from Epson.

3/25/2018
Robert M., Consultant

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your printer question. All I ask is that you please give me a 5 star rating when satisfied. thank you :)

OK. Where do we start?

Remove the printer from the devices and printers or printers and scanners folder

All copies of it

Then click the button for add printer

It should find it on the network and reinstall it and it will work

It happens because the printer gets a new IP address and the computer can't find it.

Robert: Relatively inexperienced at this. I have latest version of Windows. Where do I find the listing of the printers?

Search for printers and scanners in the start menu box

Screen: That didn’t work. Windows doesn’t have a network profile for this device.

If you did the search when you hit the add printer and it didn't find it

That means the printer is not hooked up to the wifi

Or your firewall is blocking it

Screen on printer says SIGNAL STRENGTH: Excellent. And it shows my wi-do address. How do I check on this “firewall” and why was I able to use the printer a few days ago but not now?

What is the IP address on the printer

And I have no idea why it worked last week. My car worked great till it broke as well

How about you accept my offer for a remote session it would be a lot faster than telling you how to check everything we have to check at this point

Also, the second printer listed (Epson7E27CA XP-960 Series) can’t be removed.

Call the number on the back of your credit card. See if they declined the charge. Otherwise I can get you our customer service number

Just tried to accept offer and it said my payment can’t be processed. If I used my credit card to get this far, it should be good to go.
IP address is 192.168.0.199

Look on the bottom right of the computer for an icon for the anti virus or firewall. Disable it all

You might also try running the install program from this website under downloads

https://epson.com/Support/Printers/All-In-Ones/XP-Series/Epson-XP-960/s/SPT_C11CE8220

As for the credit card call the number on the back of it. Ask if they blocked a charge

Robert M., Consultant
Ok. Finally got that fixed. Had to use a second credit card. What’s next?

Give me 5 minutes and I will put up a link and my phone number

Don't go away. You have to get the link here and run a program on it

this is the link

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=41db7820-6a9d-4601-9b7f-68cbbd125f7d

go there and hit agree and it will download a program called elsinore screen connect

you have to RUN that program

then call me my number is ***** the secure section or put yours in here and i will call you