Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I haven't used my printer in a while as it was out of ink. I…

HI I haven't used...

HI I haven't used my printer in a while as it was out of ink. I replaced the ink and now it appears it's not even connected to my computer and it says it has a problem with the printer or ink system. I've tried everything. It's a HP Officejet 6700

Technician's Assistant: Is this the first time you've had to change the ink for your OfficeJet?

I think so

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

Yes It says ink system failure and yes I can open the lid

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/25/2018
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

You are at www.justanswer.com services.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out

are you getting any error code starting with 0x along with ink system message

Thank you, no it's just has a yellow flag and says ink system failure. It then says There is a problem with the printer or ink system to turn of the printer and if problem persist call HP. I have wiped down all of the cartridges with a dry soft cloth, I have shut down etc..
My Computer can't even find the printer ..

an ink system failure message indicates a problem with the printhead

if printer is lying unused, there is a possibility that ink might have dried in the head and clogging it internally

try the reset steps listed below

remove ink and turn off printer

unplug power cord

keep the ON button on printer pressed for 10 secs

wait for 2 mins

plug in power cord and turn on unit

insert ink

let me know if error repeats or not

ok I'm in the process
I only replaced the big black ink cartridge not the three colored ones... I don't hear anything when I shake those

remove all of them while doing the above steps

I did. and just replaced and turned back on.. same error

unfortunately it seems that its a printhead fault

ink system failure message comes up only when the printhead is in a non functional state and needs replacement

how old is this printer

I'm not sure a couple of years anyway
what does that mean a printhead fault? Is that worth repairing?

a printhead might cost you around $40

here are links that i found online for the parts. though you may check with any local printer parts store as well for best price

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Genuine-HP-932-933-Printhead-CB863-for-OfficeJet-Pro-6100-6600-6700E-/181861389485

https://www.amazon.com/Karl-Aiken-printhead-Printer-6060e/dp/B01198RJ78

you may replace the printhead else you can contact any service center locally to check though service costs might be fairly high

Thank you!

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. Feel free to ask if you have any question. Please provide a rating for the information by clicking on the stars located on the upper right corner of this page. In case you have more question then simply use the Reply to expert or click on the “Continue Conversation” button on justanswer email and I will be happy to answer your question. Thank you

Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert