Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

3513 is the error code on my printer. I have loaded and

3513 is the error...

3513 is the error code on my printer. I have loaded and reloaded the cartridges, turned printer on and off, but still says the printhead is loose. Also pressed the target button...

Technician's Assistant: Is your printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

Yes, will not let me do anything...

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Never

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't think so... but I'm not that tech savy...

3/25/2018
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

How old is the printer?

Seven years.

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.

Was afraid that was what you were going to tell me (smiling)... thanks for your good suggestion! I will buy a new one.

You're welcome -- I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news because our rating on the site is based on the feedback of our customers so bad news situations are difficult to deal with. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers are understanding that we are just messengers in the situation and do not take it out on the rating system.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Harry, Engineer

I can see that you opened a duplicate question -- You need to use the 5 stars at the top of this page and press Submit