Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I can't find my Canon Pixma 3500 printer with my SurfacePro…

Customer Question
I can't find my...

I can't find my Canon Pixma 3500 printer with my SurfacePro 4

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

A Surfacepro 4

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Pixma?

Several days

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Today

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

The printer isn't listed under printers and devices

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/25/2018
Technician: Mike Taylor, Technician replied 3 months ago
Mike Taylor
Mike Taylor, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue. Please ignore the computer generated Premium services offers, they are not from me!

Have you tried to add your printer to your computer again?

the computer doesn't find it.

OK If the computer cannot find it, it isnt connected to your home network.

You will need to focus your attention to the printer itself and connect it back to your home wifi

I don't want to securely connect

Please read opening statement

how do i reconnect it to the wifi?
will i not get an answer without paying $39?

Yes please be patient..... You DO NOT need to take the premium services

You will only pay for this question that i am trying to help you with

I am getting instructions together for you now

1. Locate Menu and click Settings, then click OK
  2. Locate the Device Settings and click OK.
  3. Locate the LAN settings and click OK.
  4. Find Replace wireless or wired and click OK.
  5. Locate the active Wireless LAN and click OK.
  6. Locate Wireless LAN Settings then click OK.
Thanks I will try it.

After you have hooked it up to wifi, go back to your computer and ADD the printer and you should be good to go

Please let me know

Hiya, I noticed you have not rated my answer yet to enable my payment, did this work for you?

Thanks Mike