Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My new HP OfficeJet 4655 printer has been working well until…

Customer Question
My new HP OfficeJet...

My new HP OfficeJet 4655 printer has been working well until now. All of a sudden when I have tried to print through my wireless modem the printer screen keeps telling me that the printer is off line. I have not changed anything, but I can not seem to get it to print. What have I done to make this happen?

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your OfficeJet: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

The printer is new. I have only used it for a couple of weeks.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing I can think of

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/25/2018
Technician: technicalcat, Consultant replied 4 months ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. This is an independent, fee-based technical support site.

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you now.

Have you already REconnected the printer to your wireless network? This is usually accomplished by using the buttons and small screen on the printer itself (not your computer)

NOTE: To reply to me, please type your message in the box below and click the button to send.

It seems to be working okay now. What causes the wireless network to stop communicating with the printer and how can I avoid this from happening again?
I have not received a response as yet. Thank you!

Did the printer work after you reconnected it?