Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a paper jam. How do I clear it, canon mx492, first…

Customer Question
I have a paper...

I have a paper jam. How do I clear it

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Canon mx492

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MX492?

First time

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

It's a new printer

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Printers
3/25/2018
Technician: Md. Sadique, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Are you able to see the jammed paper?

Thank You, ***** ***** retrieved the jam.

I would suggest you remove all paper from the paper feed unit and blow the part of the printer where the Jam had happened with compressed air a few times. This will help to remove any paper dust sitting inside the printer, which may later cause errors.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

I corrected the paper jam before I got your answer. Thank you anyway!
Technician: Md. Sadique, Engineer replied 5 months ago
Thanks for using JustAnswer.