Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I had a paper jam on HP 8600. Pulled paper out and know it…

Customer Question
I had a paper...

I had a paper jam on HP 8600. Pulled paper out and know it reads, there is a problem with your printer. Unplug and replug and try again. If problem continues, contact HP. What can I do? Desperately trying to print a project for tomorrow.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your HP printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Usb

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Couldn't answer that.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

When I cleared the pam jam, it appeared that the white sheet had a yellow coloring on it.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
3/25/2018
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 5 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

How old is the printer?

10 years old

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.

Ok. What is the charge for this advice; my problem is still unable to print a document I need in the morning.
I expect a full refund, as guaranteed. Thanks

Call customer service at 1-***-***-****