Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

The carriage on my up officejet pro k8600 has stalled. There…

The carriage on my...

The carriage on my up officejet pro k8600 has stalled. There is no paper jam, the paper light and power button are both flashing. I can move the carriage to the left. When I power it up again it returns to the right then stops.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

A desktop running Windows 10 which is connected by a usb cable. It has worked fine for the last 6 years.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your OfficeJet?

I haven't been able to print for a week. It may be longer as I have an a4 printer I mostly use.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

It automatically updated a couple of weeks ago.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

3/24/2018
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

please

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

there is no change.

How old is the printer?

About 10 years.

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one

That is what I thought. I thought I'd get another opinion before I binned it.

You're welcome -- I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news because our rating on the site is based on the feedback of our customers so bad news situations are difficult to deal with. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers are understanding that we are just messengers in the situation and do not take it out on the rating system.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

I understand fully and thank you for your prompt response.RegardsMike

You're welcome

Please use the star rating at the top to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit

Harry, Engineer