Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Printer colors seem to be off. Mostly red comes out, this is…

Printer colors seem to...

Printer colors seem to be off. Mostly red comes out, this is true when printing in color and black and white

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Epson XP-310

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Epson printer?

3 days.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I think today.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/24/2018
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try cleaning the printhead two or three times by following the instructions in the link below.

http://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/xp310_/xp310_ug/source/printers/source/ink_functions/tasks/xp310/cleaning_head_lcd_xp310.html

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

We got tot the final step in the process of cleaning the printheads when it tells you to got to Nozzle Check. I push ok, it tells us to laod letter/A4 size plan paper. We have regular 8x11 paper in the printer. Then you push back and it just says nozzle check again.

Is it printing nozzle check result? Are you missing any colors?

Thank you.

No we do not want to spend $39 for the first time we have ever contacted you.
I am surprised you wish a rating before you have helped in any way!

Have you tried cleaning the printhead as per the instructions I have given?

Thank you.

far only once, but shouldn't the printer tell us something?

After every cleaning, print something and check the result. If it is not better, try once again.

Thank you.

I tried printing a picture. Terrible. All red.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.

Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.

Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.

If any of the cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.

Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message. When inserting the cartridges back, make sure you insert the black cartridge first.

Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

Thank you.